One of the most confusing terms that a new iOS user comes across is Jailbreak, and what is the difference and uses of tethered and untethered Jailbreak. If the technical terms are explained in simple words, then the user can do perform these tasks at ease. The term jailbreak means to install a new app store in the devise, called the Cydia.
The importance of jailbreaking is that you can install new software even from third party site. When the Apple stops supporting apps for this version of iOS, then the need of jailbreak ios 6 UnTethered arises. If you get the new version of the iOS, then you will keep on receiving patches from the Apple site. Otherwise, you have to jailbreak to continue using the older version.
Difference of tethered and untethered jailbreak:
Before you jailbreak your iPhone or iPad, you should know the difference between an untethered and tethered jailbreak, so that you are able to decide, which is best for you.
- UntetheredJailbreak: When you jailbreak the iOS 6 untethered, then you can restart, reboot, or power down your devise without the need for connecting it to the computer. The jailbreak ios 6 UnTethered is the ideal situation that we all aspire for. Once you apply the kernel to the device, then the process of jailbreak is complete. The only thing that you have to keep in mind is that many of the tweaks that are available through Cydia require you to reboot the devise after installation.
- Tethered jail break: This is the just the opposite of what we have just discussed. In this type of jailbreak, whenever you have to reboot or restart your device after the jailbreak you have to connect it to the computer, to get it restarted. If you do not connect the device to the computer then it will restart, but the patches or apps that you have installed after jailbreaking will not work, and features will get disabled. Some of the basic iOS services also stop working, like the Safari browser of the mobile. So until, you get the devise rebooted using a computer you will not be able to use the basic features due to changes in the architecture of the system.
Types of untethered jailbreak:
Jailbreak iOS 6 Untethered is available in two formats, namely:
- Absinthe jailbreak: In this method of jailbreak, one does not require a DFU mode for jailbreaking. This is the first time that it is being used.
- RedsnOw jailbreak: This is the method which has been successful over a period of time. This type of jailbreak ios 6 UnTethered has shown very insignificant problems to the users. In this jailbreaking software, it works using the DFU mode. Till date this is better software than the Absinthe software.
Advantages of jailbreak ios 6 UnTethered:
So we see that for the proper functioning of your devise the ideal situation is to get a jailbreak ios 6 UnTethered. Some other advantages are as discussed below:
- Now the users can use any third party software in their device.
- The user and change the number and can send and receive text on that number.